Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brian's blood.

"They wanted to kill their cats, but the problem was the problem of transportation. They invited me to dinner to beg me to drive them and their cats out to the edge of town so that they, the cat killers, could kill their cats." Two pages more. You stop. Close the book. Look right. Look left. Nobody saw you. Why did I killed these cats? I should be trembling. You wait. Your finger doesn't dare moving. Your mind tries to force its way through by proving you can actually, move the finger. At that point you need to smile. I can't. I've crushed two cats. Why did I do that. No need to open the car's door. They'll find their way. Let's go home. Your eye in the rear-view mirror stares at me. We killed the cats. The couple is silent. I am too. I don't know why. Do you?

No comments: